Delta Airlines Name Change or Correction Policy
- 1 Delta Airlines Name Change or Correction Policy
- 2 How to Change the Name on the Delta Ticket?
- 3 Name correction policy for international and domestic flights
- 4 Different situations for the name correction
- 4.1 1. Correction to the middle and the first name
- 4.2 2. Addition to the last name
- 4.3 3. The last and first names are reversed on the ticket
- 4.4 Delta Correction (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 4.5 Check Delta Airlines Destination Deals:
- 4.6 Delta Flights To Florida
- 4.7 Delta Flights To Hawaii
- 4.8 Cheap Delta Flights To Miami
- 4.9 Delta Flights To Vegas
- 4.10 See More Delta Airlines Related Post:
Have you booked a flight ticket with Delta by entering an incorrect name? You might get in big trouble if you ignore this part. Well, fret not because Delta Airlines name change or correction policy is great where you can correct the mistakes in name without any additional effort.
The name correction policy of the airline applies to all Delta-operated flights with 006 ticket stock around the world. One just has to make sure to follow the guidelines to avoid any kind of hassle. PNR should be documented correctly so that it doesn’t get cancelled.
Delta Airlines totally understands that anyone can make mistakes while entering their details. Therefore, it offers a name correction policy for passengers’ ease. According to this policy, you can change your name in a flicker of a moment. However, you should learn all the rules carefully for a seamless experience.
Want to explore the Delta Airlines name change policy? Read further to know!
How to Change the Name on the Delta Ticket?
You have multiple ways to rectify the mistakes in the name. One can use any of the ways to initiate the name change procedure easily. Let’s check out different methods to change the name on the flight ticket.
Delta official site
One of the most used ways is the Delta Airlines Official Site. You have to implement some simple steps on the site to get your change done in the shortest possible time. Ensure to access the manage booking section to get your booking details. After that, follow the instructions to correct the name on the flight ticket.
As per the Delta Airlines name Correction Policy, you can correct your name by visiting the kiosk at the airport. For any modifications, the executive will assist you instantly.
Delta phone number
Passengers of Delta Airlines can make changes to their names by dialing a suitable phone number. Share your details without giving any second thoughts, and the Delta representative will guide you immediately. Call us now for help! +1-860-321-4022
Name correction policy for international and domestic flights
To change the name on the flight, one must connect with the Delta executives for assistance. Moreover, there are some common guidelines that you should know before proceeding further. You can contact the assistance only if-
- You have already corrected your name, and it stills needs a correction.
- More than three letters of the name of the passenger require to be corrected.
- Someone is traveling to or from India.
- Anyone is flying from or to China.
- The flight ticket is operated by some other air carriers, such as Virgin Australia, Virgin Atlantic, Korean Air, KLM, Air France, or Aeromexico.
You have to get in touch with the Delta representative in case of all these situations. In addition to this, they are reachable throughout for your guidance.
Please note that if you wish to make a minor correction, then there is no need to reach out to the airline agent for that. Below are some of the important points related to the minor name correction policy.
- It applies to all Delta Airlines Tickets starting from 006.
- All the flights on the issued ticket must be operated by Delta Airlines, including connection carriers of Delta.
- Please note that only one reissue is permitted per traveler for a name change.
- Keep all these points in mind regarding the Delta Airlines name correction policy.
Different situations for the name correction
You have to follow the needed steps as per the situation. For example, one may need to make changes in the first name, while another passenger may require to correct the last name. Therefore, you should know all the situation and proceed accordingly. Moreover, you can apply the needed changes conveniently by following the name correction policy of the airline.
Delta understands that it is a very tough situation for flyers when they read their incorrect name on the ticket. Therefore, it offers an easy-to-understand name correction policy for their convenience. Just ensure to read all the guidelines for a trouble-free experience.
Read below to enlighten yourself with different situations related to the Delta Airlines name change correction policy. Let’s take a glance!
1. Correction to the middle and the first name
You can rectify the mistakes in the middle and the first name at much convenience. As soon as you initiate the change procedure, the agent will help you to correct the name and reissue your ticket without any waiver code. Moreover, they will perform the following steps.
- Check out the PNR to correct the name.
- To the PNR, add the OSI message. It will suggest that a name correction is completed.
- The airline will issue a ticket as an even exchange. It simply means that you can’t make other changes to flights and dates.
- Please note that no waiver code is needed.
- Correction to the passenger’s last name
According to the Delta Airlines name correction policy, changes to the last name can be made easily, and you will get the Delta flight ticket without a waiver code. There are some vital terms that you need to know.
- Delta Airlines allows the correction of only three characters in the last name. If you require to correct more than three characters, then connect with Global Sales Support for immediate guidance.
- The travel agent will follow the same steps after that, as mentioned above in the first and middle name correction policy.
- The only change will be the OSI message. It will be different in this situation.
2. Addition to the last name
The guests of Delta Airlines are even allowed to add something to their last names without even changing their names. Let’s take a look at the important guidelines.
- An example of this situation is ANDERSON/ELIZABETH can be changed to SMITHANDERSON/ELIZABETH.
- After that, the Delta travel agent will check out the name in the PNR and will add the OSI message.
- The ticket will be reissued. Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy
- Please keep in mind that you can’t make any other modifications to your flight ticket.
3. The last and first names are reversed on the ticket
Have you entered the first and last names incorrectly? You can reverse the name without any hassle as per the Delta Airlines Name Change or Correction Policy. To know more about this situation, read the following information.
- For example, ANDERSON/ SMITH should read SMITH/ ANDERSON.
- After that, the agent will follow the same steps to invert the names.
- The OSI message will be different.
I hope now you know everything about the Delta Airlines name correction policy. Still need assistance? Contact the Delta Airlines travel experts.
Delta Correction (Frequently Asked Questions)
Yes, you can correct all the mistakes in your name with much ease with Delta Airlines. Delta Airlines must operate your flight to opt for the change. Moreover, only one name correction is allowed per flyer. So go ahead, and choose your preferred way to correct your name for a stress-free travel experience.
No! If you have entered the wrong name while making a booking, then you will have to correct it as soon as possible. If you ignore to rectify the mistake, then you will not be allowed to board the scheduled flight. Try to correct the name immediately to ensure a peaceful journey with the airline.
With Delta Airlines, you can use various ways to correct your wrong name on the flight ticket. You can go to the official Delta Airlines website, visit the airport kiosk, or contact the Delta representative over the call. All these ways are very quick to use. In addition to this, after you follow the necessary step, the travel agent will initiate the name correction procedure immediately.
Well, it is not necessary to add the middle name to your booking because your airline profile will have all the important information. If you don’t add your middle name to the flight ticket, it won’t make any difference.
Yes, definitely! The name on the flight ticket should match the name on the passport. If they are different, then the airline will not permit you to board your flight. In addition to this, you should ensure that your name should be the same on all documents for travel, for example, frequent flyer account, driving license, passports, etc.
Check Delta Airlines Destination Deals:
See More Delta Airlines Related Post:
- Delta Airlines Customer Service Number
- Delta en Español Telefono
- Cheap Delta Flights to Las Vegas
- Is Delta Customer Service 24 Hours?
- Delta Airlines SkyMiles Customer Service
- Delta Airlines Lost And Found
- Book Hotel with Delta SkyMiles
- Cheapest Days To Fly Delta
- Delta Airlines Baggage Policy
- Delta Airlines Business Class
- booking flights on delta
- Delta Vacations Travel Agent
- Delta Airlines Middle Seat
- How Do I Book Multi City Flights on Delta?
- Delta Airlines Seat Selection
- Delta Reschedule Flight
- Same Day Flight Change & Standby Policy
- Delta Airlines Name Correction Policy
- Delta Airlines Group Travel
- How to Book Extra Seat on Delta Airlines
- Delta Representative
- Delta Airlines Missed Flight
- How to Get Delta Airlines Callback?
- Delta Airlines Boston
- Delta Airlines Flight Change Policy
- Which Airline Has The Best Pet Policy?
- Delta Airlines Military Discount
- Delta cancellation Flight
- Bereavement Flights Delta
- Delta My Trips
- Delta Airlines Tampa Office
- Book delta Flights
- Delta Airlines Nigeria Office Address
- How do I talk to a live person at delta?
- Delta Airlines Office Near Me
- How do I get my Delta Airlines Refund
- Delta Airlines Vacations Packages
- www delta airlines
- Delta Airlines en Español
- Delta Airlines Book a Flight
- Delta Airlines Tickets
- Delta Callback
- Multi City Flights Delta
- Delta Airlines Last Minute Flights Deals
- Delta Airlines Telefono Español
Submit your review
While booking a ticket with Delta Airlines, I made a mistake. Actually, I entered the wrong name and didn’t even realize it. Once I found that I have made the mistake, I immediately connected with the airline executive. He helped me with the name correction, and I rectified my mistake in no time. I must say that Delta agents are very helpful, and they are available all the time. After that, I completed my journey conveniently to my final destination.
Last month I had a journey with Delta Airlines, and it was a great experience for me. I booked a flight ticket from New York to Orlando, but I misspelled my name. I got panicked and connected with the airline agent. He guided me immediately, and told me how to correct my name. I followed the same procedure, and within a few minutes, the query was resolved. Delta is one of the best airlines, and I always ended up having an incredible journey with it.
Although it was my first travel venture with Delta Airlines, but it was one of the memorable experiences for me. It is a great airline and I will definitely travel with it again. However, if faced some problems while making. I entered the wrong name and had to correct it. I got in touch with the airline agent through the number, and he helped me immediately. I corrected the spelling of my name in no time with his help. I must say, the airline has great customer service. Thanks, Delta for the support!