Delta Airlines Pet Policy
- 1 Delta Airlines Pet Policy
- 2 Carry-on Pets
- 3 Carry-on Pet Fees
- 4 International Pet Travel
- 4.1 Important Points Related to Delta Pet Policy!
- 4.2 Can Dogs Travel on Delta Airlines?
- 4.3 Tips to Learn Before Departure!
- 4.4 Pet Travel Restrictions for Carry-on Pets
- 4.5 High-Risk Rabies Restrictions
- 4.6 Know about the Delta Airlines Checked Pets Policy!
- 4.7 Get details on the Pet Cargo Policy of Delta Airlines
- 4.8 What are the Needed Documents?
- 4.9 Pet Policy (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 4.10 Check Delta Airlines Destination Deals:
- 4.11 See More Delta Airlines Related Post
Want to go on a trip with your favorite friend, which is your pet? What are you thinking then? Delta is an amazing choice if you wish to take off with your furry friend. Delta Airlines Pet Policy is very simple, and you can understand it without any experts’ guidance.
Some pets are required to be shipped, or some will travel as a carry-on based on the size of the animal. Go through the airline’s pet policy carefully, and have a wonderful trip with your lovely pet.
Pets are very important to everyone, and therefore leaving them at home while enjoying some exotic destination is quite difficult. Therefore, Delta Airlines offers a great policy call us 1 (800) 221-1212 official Number that allows flyers to travel with their pets at much ease.
Check out the following information to learn more about the Delta pet policy.
At Delta Airlines, agents put extra effort into ensuring that each pet flies safely and comfortably. You can take your pet in the cabin if it is a small cat, dog, or household bird. There will be a one-way fee that the airline will collect at check-in.
Bring your pet in a small pet carrier that should be ventilated. Put this container under the seat available in your front. To ensure a safe journey for your pet, read out the Delta pet policy in cabin.
Have a look!
- For domestic travel, the pet must be at least 10 weeks old.
- For a trip to the USA from any other country, the pet should be 16 weeks old.
- If you are traveling to the European Union with your pet, then it should be at least 15 weeks old.
- Only one pet can travel in one kennel.
- Ensure the kennel is comfortable enough for your per so that it can lie down without protruding from the sides.
- The kennel should have ventilation and leak-proof openings on the three sides.
- To bring your cat in the cabin, explore this policy in detail because it is known as the Delta Cat Policy.
- However, the dimensions of the kennel depend upon the space under the seat, but the standard dimensions are 18” x 11” x 11”. These dimensions fit almost all aircraft.
- It is highly suggested to call on the reservations number of the airline to determine the exact dimensions of the pet kennel.
- The pet should remain in the kennel all the time while on the board, in an airport lounge, or boarding area.
Carry-on Pet Fees
It is necessary to check out the fee for taking your pet on the flight and proceed accordingly. According to Delta Airlines in cabin pet policy, there is a small fee that you need to pay depending upon your destination. Let’s check out the fee.
- 125 USD to or from the USA/ Canada/ Puerto Rico
- 200 USD/ CAD/ EUR to or from US Virgin Islands or International
- 75 USD to or from Brazil
CAD amount is for exiting Canada, and EUR is for exiting Europe.
International Pet Travel
For traveling internationally with your pet, you have to follow some rules and regulations. Please note that you have to make all the arrangements in advance after purchasing your Delta Airlines Tickets.
Following are some of the important points that you need to know.
- Determine the pet travel regulations of the destination by contacting the embassy.
- Connect with the local veterinarian to make sure that your pet complies with the health regulations of foreign.
- Bring all the paperwork, such as documentation and health certificates, at the airport to ignore any kind of trouble.
- Check out all the additional charges and fees.
- Book your pet in the Delta Cargo if it is too big.
Important Points Related to Delta Pet Policy!
Before getting on the flight with your pet, you need to go through some unmissable points. These guidelines are designed while keeping your and your pet’s convenience in mind. Moreover, these guidelines will tell you how to prepare for your trip.
Wish to know these important points? Read these points related to Delta Airlines Dog Policy Official Number 1 (800) 221-1212 to avoid all the hassle.
Let’s Check them out.
- Small cats, dogs, and household birds can travel with Delta Pet Airlines domestic flights.
- But it should be small enough to be comfortably in the pet carrier.
- On international flights, only dogs and cats can travel. Household birds are not permitted on those flights.
- The number of pets on the Delta flight is-
- First Class – 2 pets
- Business Class – 2
- Main Cabin – 4
- If your pet is larger, then it will be transferred through Delta cargo. However, there is no guarantee that your pet will be booked on the same flight as you.
- In case you are planning to travel with your furry friend, make sure to confirm the reservation in advance. Delta will accept pets in a first-come, first-serve manner.
- Please note that Delta doesn’t allow snub-nosed cat and dog breeds.
- Delta Airlines now charges for emotional support animals.
- You will have to pay for service dogs in the cabin.
- The size of the pet carrier will be known by your route, but your pet should stay comfortably in it.
- Pets will require a health certificate to board the flight.
Can Dogs Travel on Delta Airlines?
Yes, if you have a dog as your pet, then you can travel with it on Delta flights. The airline allows small dogs and cats on its flights. You have to ensure that you follow all the guidelines to ensure a stress-free journey.
Moreover, there are some restrictions on the pet carrier that you should know. Check out these dimensions, and carry your pet conveniently on the Delta flight. If you are flying with a service dog, then you should read out the Delta Airlines Service Dog policy.
Tips to Learn Before Departure!
There are some tips that passengers should know before taking their pets on the flight. The airline doesn’t accept any violent behavior, therefore it is important to learn all the important points in advance. Let’s check these tips.
- Make sure to train your pet in a way that stays in the kennel during the trip. Do it 5-7 days before the departure so that your pet gets used to it.
- Avoid feeding your dog 2-3 hours before the scheduled departure
- Go to the check-in counter to inform about your pet.
- Do not tranquilize your pet unless a vet advises it.
- You should prefer to take your pet on a walk prior to take-off.
Keep all these tips in mind, and have a convenient journey with your pet.
Pet Travel Restrictions for Carry-on Pets
However, you can fly smoothly with your favorite friend on the flight, but there are some essential points. The airline has some restrictions while accepting pets in the cabin. If you wish to avoid extra stress at the airport, you should learn these restrictions in advance.
Some of the restrictions by the airline according to Delta Airlines Animal Policy are-
There are some specific seats that you can’t book because of the limitations of the airline. You can’t book seats on the following seats while flying with your furry friend.
- Flat-bed seats
- “No stowage” seats
- Emergency exit row or bulkhead seats
- Center seats on B757-200s
- Rows 30-43 on A330-300s
- Rows 30-35 on A330-200s
High-Risk Rabies Restrictions
Dogs that have a high risk of rabies can’t travel with Delta Pet Airlines. If you still wish to travel with Delta, then bring an advance notice from CDC.
Delta Airlines will not take pets on flights to some specific destinations. On Hawaii-bound flights, pets are not permitted. Household birds can only fly on domestic flights, excluding Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, US Virgin Islands.
Pets can only travel as cargo to or from the following destinations. Service animals are an exception.
- New Zealand
- Republic of Ireland
- Hong Kong
- South Africa
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
Know about the Delta Airlines Checked Pets Policy!
Please note that Delta Airlines doesn’t allow checked pets on the flight. However, if you are military personnel and are on active transfer orders, you can transfer pets as checked baggage. On some selected aircraft, larger pets will travel on the cargo.
Notify Delta Airlines in advance to take your pet as checked baggage. According to Delta Airlines Animal Policy, you have to do it within 48 hours of the flight departure. Delta allows dogs and cats, excluding banned breeds on international and domestic flights. Delta Airlines accepts Marmots, guinea pigs, household birds, hamsters, and rabbits only on domestic flights that operate within the USA.
Get details on the Pet Cargo Policy of Delta Airlines
Are you traveling with a larger animal? Well, you can’t fly with it in the cabin. Moreover, you can’t even take them as checked baggage. Therefore, you have to send your lovely pet to the final destination through cargo.
Delta Airlines provides its cargo services to various destinations, such as Europe, the Middle East, Australia, Africa, Asia, the Caribbean, South America, Latin America, Canada, and the United States of America. For international travel, you can make a cargo reservation through an IPATA executive only.
Before sending your pet through the cargo service, you have to know certain details about the cargo pet policy of the airline. Go through the following points to clear all your doubts.
- Delta Airlines accepts only live animals on its cargo.
- To the United Kingdom, you can transfer some animals like insects, ferrets, live fish, dogs, and cats. Animals other than these categories will not be accepted by the airline as per the Delta Airlines Dog Cargo policy. +1 (800) 221-1212 Contact us
- Animals that have dangerous and aggressive behavior will not be accepted by the airline on the flight.
- In some special cases, Delta Airlines allows non-human primates. The airline will ship them only if transferred between rehabilitation centers, zoological societies & organizations, and wildlife preserves.
- Delta doesn’t accept DASH animals.
- Some animals are banned by Delta Airlines Pet Policy on cargo. These animals are dogs and cats for research purposes. In addition to this, some other animals are also not permitted, like elephants, buffalos, rhinos, lions, and leopards.
- Your animal will be transferred if there is a suitable temperature condition.
- The airline will accept pets only if the temperature at each location is between -7°C (20°F) and 27°C 80°. These locations include destination, transfer, and origin. You have to provide a Certificate of Acclimation if the temperature is between 7°C (45°F) and -7°C (20°F).
- These temperature restrictions are not valid for cold-blooded animals, chicks, and birds.
- Shipments for domestic pets must be confirmed from 2 weeks to 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure.
- The airline doesn’t guarantee that the schedule of the cargo will match the schedule of your flight.
- Shipment of animals is not permitted for more than 2 flight segments. There should be at least 2 hours between 2 connecting flights.
- Drop your pet at the cargo location at least 3 hours prior to departure. It is for domestic flights. There should be at least 2 hours before the flight to complete the check-in procedure.
- For international flights, you have to be at the location at least 5 hours before departure. Complete the check-in procedure at least 4 hours prior to the take-off.
- If the time of the cargo flight is more than 12 hours, then Delta Cargo will not accept warm-blooded animals.
Other Important Points
- For international shipments, the airline recommends you take an IPATA-approved pet shipper.
- You can connect with Delta Airlines Cargo Customer Service to know every detail about carrying your pet on the flight.
- Within 10 days of the travel, you have to bring a Health Certificate. You should take this certificate from USDA accredited vet. If the certificate is digitally signed, then it will be accepted by the airline.
- According to Delta Airlines Dog Policy, cats and dogs should be 8 weeks old if you wish to carry them on the cargo flight.
- Pets must be fully weaned.
- The age will vary for other warm-blooded animals.
What are the Needed Documents?
On most of the domestic flights, the airline will need a health certificate for taking your pet in the cabin. If the pet is shipped in cargo, then a health certificate will be required. Make sure to take the certificate from the licensed vet within 10 days of the journey. Arrange the vaccination and other documents in advance for an international journey.
Travel documents for your Delta Airlines Pet Policy usually include-
- Health certificate per legal requirements
- Pet passport (if needed)
You must attach these important documents to the travel carrier. There are some essential points that you should learn. Have a look at them.
- Attach a tag to the pet kennel. It should have all the contact details, including the phone number.
- Ensure to bring original documents on the journey.
- On the side of the pet carrier, label the pet name.
Before going on the flight, connect with the consulates or embassies of the country you are flying to know which documents will be required.
Pet Policy (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Does Delta Allow Pets on the Flight?
Yes, if you are planning to take your pet on the flight, then there is no better choice than Delta Airlines for you. The airline has a very simple pet policy that ensures the safety of your furry friend. Before taking your pet on the flight, make sure to read all the guidelines of Delta Airlines Pet Policy.
- What Size will Pet Carrier Fit Under an Airline Seat Delta?
If you can’t leave your pet at home while flying to the final destination, then take it on the flight with you. Please note that you have to take your friend in an appropriate pet carrier. There are some important guidelines associated with the airline’s pet policy that you should know.
The maximum dimensions of the kennel of pet must be 18” x 11” x 11”. Moreover, these dimensions depend upon the flight you have chosen. So always check the pet carrier dimensions before taking it on the flight.
- Does Delta Have a Weight Limit for Pets?
With Delta Airlines, you are allowed to travel with a dog or a cat. Moreover, you can bring 2 cats or dogs in the same kennel. Just ensure that they are at least 6 months old. These pets should not weigh more than 20 pounds. The two can travel in the same kennel if there is an appropriate room for both of them in the pet carrier.
- Does Delta Sell Pet Carriers?
Yes, you can purchase a pet carrier from Delta Airlines. The airline designs all these kennels while keeping all the guidelines in considerations. Therefore, you don’t need to get into the hassle of the dimensions and weight of the pet carrier. The official per kennel of Delta Airlines is known as the Sherpa Delta Carrier.
These kennels ensure that your pet flies safely, and it also has a large pocket where you can contain all the important documents of your pet. In addition to this, you can keep anything in that pocket for your pet.
- Is Delta Cat-Friendly?
The answer to this question is yes. According to Delta Airlines Pet Policy, cats, small dogs, and household birds can travel with the airline call us 1 (800) 221-1212. You have to pay a one-way fee during the check-in at the airport for taking your pet on the flight. Take the well-ventilated pet carrier for your cat.
- How can I Confirm the Reservation For My Pet?
To take your pet on the flight, you must inform the airline in advance. It will help the agents to make the arrangements without any hassle. You have to connect with the Delta representative to confirm the booking for your pet. After that, board the flight with your furry friend at much ease.
- Am I allowed to Take the Pet to the Delta Sky Club?
Yes, the airline permits all its passengers to take their pets to the Delta Sky Club. The policy will be the same as taking your pet on the flight. Moreover, travelers just have to ensure that their pets stay in the kennel all the time. One of the Delta representatives will locate the pet relief area for you where you can relax with your pet.
Check Delta Airlines Destination Deals:
- Delta Flights To Florida
- Cheap Delta Flights To Las-Vegas
- Delta Flights To Miami
- Delta Flights To Hawaii
See More Delta Airlines Related Post
- Delta Airlines Baggage Policy
- How to Get Delta Airlines Callback?
- Book Hotel with Delta SkyMiles
- Delta Airlines Missed Flight
- How to Delta Airlines Business Class
- Delta Airlines cancellation policy
- How to Delta Airlines Refund
- Bereavement Flights Delta
- Delta Airlines Lost And Found
- How to Delta Airlines change flight
- Delta Airlines Boston
- Missed Flight Delta Airlines
- Delta Airlines Tampa Office
- How do I talk to a live person at delta?
- Delta Airlines Nigeria Office Address
Submit your review